Access Abilities: Designing for All Learners
April 10, 2018 - 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Presented by Dave Marra, Apple Senior Systems Engineer
More students are coming to school with a varying array of abilities. And teachers are exploring new ways to not only support these learners, but to also personalize every student’s learning experience. Apple believes that technology should be accessible to everyone. Join us at this hands-on event to learn about tools and resources from Apple that allow all students to explore, communicate, and create in new and powerful ways. Here’s what you’ll experience:
- Explore the built-in accessibility features included on every iPad, Mac, and Apple TV.
- Discover apps and resources that can personalize learning for all students.
- See how iPad can transform into almost any tool students need—a communication device, a daily planner, a switch, a reader—and more.
- Find out how other institutions are using Apple technology to support the diverse learning needs of all their students.
There is no charge to attend.
Educators will be awarded 2 Act 48 credit hours.
Opioid Threat in the Community
May 16, 2018 - 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Presented by the Northeast Counterdrug Training Center
The sudden rise of heroin and prescription opioid deaths, both nationally and throughout the Commonwealth, has presented a unique challenge to local communities. Opioid Threat in the Community is designed for educators, community organizers, and healthcare personnel. This workshop focuses on national, statewide and local trends relating to heroin, prescription opioids, and other opioid compounds. Opioid Threat in the Community outlines the current opioid epidemic that our nation is presently facing, generating an advanced understanding of how opioids work, how this epidemic has exploded, and what can be done to combat this growing threat.
There is no charge to attend. Educators will be awarded 6 Act 48 credit hours.
Education Leadership Conference 2018
June 14, 2018 @ Clarion University of PA
Keynote Speaker, Alice Keeler. Teacher, Author, Speaker, Google Certified Teacher, Microsoft Innovator Educator
Want to present? Conference RFP <-- open until April 15
- Join Apple Education, Common Sense Education, and other regional and state standouts for 30+ breakout sessions
- Conference Tracks: Administrators, Tech (plugs and wires), Education Technology, STE(A)M Learning, and Educational Best Practice
- Lunch is included in conference registration
- Seven Act 48 hours
- Exhibitor Area w/ vendors and Poster Sessions
- Group Registration Rate: $50/person (five or more from same purchasing entity)
- Continue the conversation on social media: #edlc2018 #riu6stem