Special Education Staff Resources
Division of Special Education - Mission and Vision Statements
Intermediate Unit 6 believes that by presuming competence of all learners we will maximize student learning and provide meaningful access to PA Core Standards while empowering education professionals to foster an environment of universal understanding and acceptance.
All IU classrooms will:
- Be learning environments where students are engaged in standards aligned instruction
- Allow teachers to collaborate together to optimize student outcomes
- Enable all staff members to presume competence by examining their assumptions and beliefs
- Elevate consciousness and awareness of students with disabilities
Staff members will be eligible to participate in RIU's differentiated supervision model if the following guidelines from PDE are met:
- Satisfactory summative rating in the previous two years (Instructional level II)
- Satisfactory performance rating using previously used approved rating form
- Professional employees newly hired can participate after one year in the Formal Observation Model.
- Not a temporary professional